Aerospace Parts Knockout Operator
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Knockout Operator is responsible for the safe removal of shells, gates, and risers from parts to produce rough castings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes shells from basic/non-complex parts using a water blaster, sand blaster, and hand tools.
- Assists Senior Operators and leads in the removal of shell casings from parts, using the caustic tank.
- Assists Senior Operators in the utilization of a cutting torch and band saw to cut off smaller, non-complex parts.
- Performs inspections to ensure that machinery and equipment in the department are used in a safe manner.
- May be required to manage hazardous wastes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe working standards and practices.
- Effective communication skills for interaction with others as a mutually supportive team member.
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in a fast-paced environment.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Previous experience operating a cutting torch is preferred.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, heat, cold, noise, and vibration.
- Must wear hearing and eye protection in performance of duties.
- The job is often performed under somewhat disagreeable working conditions; exposure to any or all of the mentioned elements is likely, with at least one present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Day Shift - 4x10 (Monday - Thursday)
- Overtime offered based on business needs
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs