NDT Specialist - Manufacturing and Production
The NDT Specialist will utilize expertise in non-destructive testing to assure compliance with quality requirements of the company and customers. They will interpret customer drawings and document results in accordance with established technique cards, develop visual and dimensional shooting techniques as required, calibrate equipment, and train visual and dimensional as needed. They will assist with part and process improvements working with the engineering, quality, and process control teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets an example of a model employee through work ethic, quality of work, attitude, consistency, and drive to make the whole team better.
- Coordinates with training specialist/coordinator to develop continuous improvement of our team and the training program.
- ssists in clarification and/or implementation of procedures, standards, and training.
- Assists in root cause and corrective action problem solving as a functional expert.
- Perform over inspections as required for internal/external sources/audits.
- Support calibrations and vendor communication/troubleshooting as required.
- Works with outside venders and or other CPP manufacturing facilities to improve current and future part processing.
- Reduces process variations by working with Engineering on casting defect elimination.
- Manages part/process improvement teams
- Develop the skill set within the manufacturing team to interpret CMM part reports.
- Train others as needed.
- Other duties as needed, including but not limited to shooting and reading production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to understand all associated quality documentation, blueprints, customer specifications and part routing procedures.
- Able to perform all elements of the visual and dimensional job functions.
- Ability to maintain high quality ratings while also processing parts at an acceptable production speed.
- Ability to interpret CMM reports and develop rework plans for nonconforming product.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience interpreting CMM data reports.
- At least 10 year of experience working as a visual dimensional or equivalent inspector.
- At least 15 years of experience in the investment casting industry.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
Mental & Physical Demands typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must have vision acuity which meets test chart and color perception to distinguish and differentiate between colors used.
- Must be able to work outside department as required.
- Must be willing to travel inside and outside the United States.
- Work may be performed in noisy areas, with odors and fumes present.
- Primary role on day shift
- Must be able to work flexible shift times to assist with training and development on other shifts.
- Overtime as needed.
Relocation assistance may be available to qualified candidates.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs