CPP, is currently looking for an Engineering Technician to join our City of Industry Team.
The role of Engineering Technician is to support engineering in a variety of tasks. These tasks include CAD modeling, data collection, data analysis, part tracking, updating paperwork, creating and updating work instructions, interfacing with internal customers and internal and external suppliers.
• Develop CAD models based on instructions from Engineers
• Code drawings
• Collect compile and analyze data for trials and production
• Create/update documentation such as BOM, Routing, work instructions etc.
• Contact and coordinates activities with other Technicians, Engineers and Production personnel, may act as liaison with vendors and/or customers on specific issues
• Track castings through the manufacturing process and help expedite as required to maintain schedule
• Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices
• Use structured problem solving tools and techniques to increase profitability and reduce scrap and rework
• Responsible for adherence to all safety polices, practices and procedures.
• Ability to work overtime
List key dimensions (measurements for success) for this position:
• Investment Casting Technical experience
• Problem Solving
• Organizational Agility
• Proficiency in using Solidworks or related CAD package
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Focus on Excel to compile and analyze data)
• Familiarity with Minitab statistical software
• Good communications skills with customers and all levels of management and manufacturing
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills
List the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
• Associates degree (AS) in engineering, manufacturing, or related field OR 1 year of experience in engineering or manufacturing OR working towards Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Experience working in an Aerospace manufacturing environment
• Experience working in investment casting preferred
• Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) required. Ability to read and understand specifications and procedures.
This is an hourly position, salary range is between: $20.00 to $30.00 an hour.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs