Wax Injection Molder - Aerospace Manufacturing Titanium - Swing Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily checks which include: making sure dies are clean, temperature and pressure gauges of wax press machine are correct, wax levels in press machine and melting pots are correct, and hydraulic leaks are not present. (Die: a tool used to create a wax mold.)
- Retrieve aluminum dies from storage area to be used. This involves pushing the die onto a cart to transport to work station and then pushing die onto work station. Dies weigh from 25-250 pounds.
- Consistently produce wax molds which meet engineering specifications for quality while maintaining quantity requirements.
- Recognize defects in wax patterns and what causes each type of defect.
- Push and pull dies in and out of mold press during operation. Dies range in weight from 25-250 pounds.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior industry experience as a molder preferred.
- Must be able to understand and follow technique cards and to correctly fill in all required information.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist level up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds frequently with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work as a team player.
- Must be able to concentrate and remain on task in a busy environment.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED preferred, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Exposure to fumes from melting wax.
- Working near moving mechanical parts for extended periods of time.
- Twisting and turning of wrist and forearm for extended periods of time.
- Requires use of hands to operate controls of mold presses.
- The job is often performed under reasonably good working conditions. Exposure to the above elements is generally not present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Required to wear safety glasses in the performance of duties.
- Swing Shift
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position