If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for Superior Metal Manufacturing may be the right fit for you! If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits, like working in a state of the art, brand new facility! We are currently looking for a Production Planner on our 1st Shift. This is a Salaried Full Time position with benefits including a 401k with a match!
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
To coordinate, prepare and ship outgoing alloy ensuring all required procedures are followed and related testing, inspection and paperwork is accurate and complete. Review of the alloy melt plan provided by the Production Planning Manager to determine new finished good item requirements. The position incumbent will also be responsible for activation of finished good Items and job creation as required by the alloy melt plan schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation and maintenance of Oracle finished goods Master Items, Bills of Materials and Routings to ensure timely and accurate cost and processing instructions.
- Review customer purchase orders to determine specific item requirements relative to alloy specification, diameter and revert ratio as well as special alloy advance sampling requirements.
- Coordinate and prioritize alloy through operations as determined by customer order promise date.
- Analysis of customer inquiries for the purpose of providing Sales sufficient information necessary for quotation compatible with SMM manufacturing capabilities, and capacity restrictions.
- Implementation of modifications to orders in process resulting from both internal and/or customer generated changes. WIP material reviewed for process compatibility relative to change request.
- Routinely review and update manufacturing order status to ensure appropriate application and scheduling is in line with maximizing internal constraints as well as internal sales requirements.
- Review customer purchase orders relative to freight terms, packing requirements, shipping/receiving windows and carrier requirements.
- Perform Oracle shipping transactions for sales recognition.
- Coordinate securement of freight carriers/forwarders as required by weekly/monthly/quarterly sales plans.
- Develop and maintain daily shipping reports to communicate daily priorities to manufacturing.
- Determine casting revert requirements and communicate demand to the SMM casting sites as well as ensure corresponding paperwork is complete and accurate
- Education: Associates degree in technical field preferred or five years related experience
- Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat DC
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP relating to Work in Process, Bills of Materials, Shipping and Inventory modules
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs