The Director of Marketing contributes to the overall effectiveness of Cavallo Point Lodge by directing and executing Cavallo Point’s marketing and public relations efforts. This position requires a creative individual that is responsible for developing ideas, programing content and offers (in conjunction with the Director of Revenue) that are then communicated and maximized through all appropriate channels. The ideal candidate is driven and will inspire the markeing culture for the property.
Essential Job Functions
- In conjunction with the hotel’s General Manager, Executive Committee and Passport Resort’s VP of Marketing, create an annual marketing plan and budget that addresses all of the business objectives for the next year.
- Work with assigned staff and contractors to implement the marketing plan, identified promotions, positioning and branding initiatives and objectives. This includes negotiating contracts, coordinating and overseeing ads, websites and collateral production, initiating requests for artwork, copywriting, approving artwork, providing follow-up, approving invoices, maintaining the annual marketing budget and the effectiveness of marketing initiatives against marketing spend through quantifiable ROI and ROAS measurement.
- Collaborate and coordinate with hotel’s Executive committee to determine needs and initaitives in order to strategically drive relevant marketing campaigns.
- Systematically track ROI and ROAS for marketing initiatives and submit weekly reports prior to 11am Revmax call to the General Manager, DORM and VP of Marketing for Passport Resorts and make recommendations for adjusting the marketing plans as needed.
- Be parpared to attend and review ROI and ROAS marketing initiatives on weekly Revmax call.
- Create original marketing campaigns and promotions and adjust prior campaigns and promotions to drive increases in revenue and meet hotel revenue targets for all venues and ancillary outlets.
- Work with assigned staff and contractors to keep the hotel’s website current, fresh and optimized
- Participate and contribute to annual Public Relations plan and budget developed by the PR agency Ensure that the Public Relations plan is results-oriented, quantifiable (where applicable) and support key strategies and revenue goals for the hotel and all ancillary outlets with monthly reporting of media results (including media impression and placement reports).
- Act as the onsite contact for the Public Relations agency contractor, assisting agency in the execution of Public Relations initiatives, activations and events.
- Coordinate press FAM trips and individual journalists' property visits with PR agency and distribute media itineraries and alerts to all necessary departments.
- Participate in the development of the digital marketing strategy with the Digital Marketing agency contractor, including weekly strategy meetings to measure and evaluate effectiveness of digital initiatives. Ensure measurable weekly and monthly reporting to hotel from Digital Marketing agency.
- Participate with Social Media agency to drive the social media marketing strategy and manage all social media activities and consumer review sites, including weekly strategy meetings with agency to measure and evaluate effectiveness of social media initiatives. Ensure reporting of measurable weekly and monthly reporting to hotel by Social Media agency.
- Coordinate and liaison with all hotel departments for the execution of on-site promotional events and activations.
- Identify trends, analyze information and proactively recommend and capitalize on unexpected marketing opportunities as they arise.
- Assure that all outbound communication and collateral including all promotional materials are created and published in a manner that reflects the hotel brand and is accurate and timely.
- Provide market assessment and marketing action plans to reach the target markets, which includes strategy, tactics, costs and ROI.
- Develop relationships in conjunction with the DORM for Consortia, Online Travel Agencies (OTA) and maintain property listings on 3rd party sites.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests/clients/vendors including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing or Communications or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the field of Marketing and Communications at a managerial level; luxury independent hotel environment preferred.
- Experience creating and executing marketing plans in support of overall hotel business plans and objectives.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects of varying types and durations.
- Proven track record of anticipating needs, recommending sound solutions and completing projects that meet the needs.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of social media, digital marketing and public relations functions, strategy execution and environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a mature interpersonal style, a positive and enthusiastic attitude and a welcoming and professional demeanor.
- A passion for hospitality and a genuine affinity for Passport Resorts and its properties.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and develop and market promotions that drive an increase in revenue.
- Experience working closely and successfully with a diverse population, including senior management and partners, investors, employees and consultants at all levels and members of the public.
- Excellent judgment and discretion with confidential or sensitive materials, able to manage multiple priorities and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and represent Cavallo Point and Passport Resorts in a manner that is consistent with the culture and values of our company.
- Versatile, well organized, diplomatic and highly motivated person willing to take on both creative and mundane tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Meetings and Zoom calls.
- Experience developing and creating marketing collateral.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent organizational skills critical.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team to facilitate solutions and meet deadlines.
- Must be professional in appearance.
- Safe driving record, California Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, including 20-30% business travel.
- Track record of operating in a discreet fashion and with confidential information and an ability to handle difficult media inquiries with finesse.
- Must have strong and current knowledge of competitive set and product knowledge of surrounding area and activities.
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Cavallo Point