ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules staff according to business needs, special functions, local attractions and influence business.
- Maintains an accurate reservation system: advises kitchen of incoming reservations to ensure smooth service
- Executes the service program as set out by the F&B Director of Outlets
- Processes payroll in an accurate manner
- Oversees Micros POS to ensure all screens are accurate and functional
- Ability to independently problem solve issues that arise in the restaurant
- Works with line staff and kitchen to deliver an exceptional dining experience
- Execute large parties and know booking procedures
- Execute 5 day training program for all service staff
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Conducts the beverage inventory as directed by Director of Outlets.
- Sets an above average example of service to line employees by interacting with guests.
- Directs details of particular service group (Servers, Runners, Bartenders, Host, etc.) to focus on streamlining service.
- Efficient at leading pre-service meetings to unite service groups and clarify details.
- Provide calm leadership on the floor and in the back of the house at all times.
- Organizational, leadership and communication skills are a must to provide leadership for the employees to create legendary memories for the guests.
- Able to multi-task.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, leadership meetings and hotel employee’s functions.
- Assists other F&B departments when needed demonstrating team work within all F&B division.
- Close and cash out employees at end of shifts, ensuring accuracy and accountability for cash and banks for both Farley Bar and Murray Circle.
- Able to create the employee’s schedule as needed.
- Proficient with Paychex to approve vacation, sick time, and time cards.
- Responsible to update Micros with necessary changes for a smooth operation on the floor by the servers and bartenders.
- Assists with payroll as required.
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team to facilitate solutions and meet deadlines
- Must be professional in appearance
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook
- Attends interdepartmental meetings.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our values and goals.
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
Set in an idyllic location on the San Francisco Bay at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cavallo Point offers unique historic and contemporary lodging options. Cavallo Point offers a multitude of activities and services to choose from. The award winning Healing Arts Center & Spa offers innovative spa treatments in a serene, tranquil setting. Filled with natural light and top-of-the line culinary equipment, the Cavallo Point Cooking School is an intimate place to taste, create and learn. Murray Circle Restaurant is one of Northern California's top culinary destinations.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
This is a management position
This is a full time position