Are you inspired by nature, fun and beauty? We invite you to join a friendly and dynamic team providing world class service. As the Lead Host at the Cavallo Point Lodge team, you will enjoy a beautiful work environment overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline while earning competitive living wages and benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Handle all guest requests in a professional and courteous manner
- Organize reservation template from OpenTable reservation system
- Greet and acknowledge all guests that arrive and depart restaurant
- Show guests to pre-planned table destinations
- Answer general guest’s questions regarding restaurant operations (hours, menus, bathroom location etc.)
- Answer calls when reservation line is forwarded to main host desk
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests and consistent eye contact and smile
- Assist with large party booking and set up
- Organizes and maintains the flow of the restaurant with the employees and managers
- Graciously interacts with guests that are waiting for tables providing timely feedback
- Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our values and goals.
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests/clients/vendors including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- On-going communication with managers during service
- Proper communication with line staff to assure guests needs are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Adhere to side work requirements as set forth by restaurant managers
- Proper host attire at all times
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent, College degree preferable
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work standing for 8+hours per day
- Trained in responsible alcohol service preferred
- Basic beverage (Wine, Beer, Liquor) knowledgeable
- POS knowledge (Micros preferable)
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Word)
- 2 years of fine dining experience as a host/hostess preferred
- Familiar with OpenTable reservation system preferred
- Proficient conversational English
- Exception people skills, natural smiler and comfortable interacting with guests
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position