ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Handle all guest requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Train all bar staff in the service standards as well as policies and procedures of Murray Circle, Farley Bar, and Cavallo Point.
- Make sure all management initiatives are documented, communicated to, and practiced by other Bartenders in a timely manner.
- Ensure all bar menus are accurate, up to date, and easily navigable for guests Participate and contribute to the evolution of the menu items and offerings.
- Manage the cleanliness and organization of bar, veranda and lounge areas.
- Ensure all posted Bartender side work is completed by shift and report any exception to management.
- Organize bar operations for the meal period, make sure every bartender takes their breaks and meal breaks timely, covering each other to make it happen. Inform management if problems arise to cover breaks.
- Greet and acknowledge all guests that arrive and depart the bar and assist in providing the expected level of service throughout their visit
- Answer general guest questions regarding bar/restaurant operations (hours, menus, bathroom location etc.) and menu items
- Conduct beverage inventories and liquor purchase when directed by management.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests and consistent eye contact
- Assist event organizers with party bookings, offerings, and set up
- Wear the proper uniform and attire as per the employee handbook
- Lead by example to other employees and carry a positive attitude that encourages teamwork
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Ability to multitask and communicate professionally with guests, staff, and management all at once.
- Proper communication with line staff to assure guests needs are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Adhere to side work requirements as set forth by restaurant managers and suggest revisions, as appropriate
- Ability to follow rules and regulations and teach them to other employees.
- Excellent bartender skills and knowledge of beverages
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years of fine dining experience as a Bartender preferred
- Familiar with Micros system preferred
- Proficient conversational English
- Exceptional people skills
- Able to be on your feet for 8 hours or more
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Cavallo Point