DEPARTMENT: Healing Arts Center & Spa
POSITION: Spa Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Healing Arts & Spa
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for supervising specific areas of the massage and esthetics, locker room, pool, reservations, and guest services. Readily handles all guest communication and participates in the operations on a daily basis remaining highly visible for guests and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the day to day operations of the treatment providers in conjunction with the Director of the HAC & Spa and the Healing Arts Center Leadership Team
- Manages all time off requests (in conjunction with HAC Director) and creates bi-annual schedules for treatment providers
- Maintains daily inventory of all professional products as well as guest supplies
- Is responsible for ordering all guest, operating and treatment supplies
- Provides in-house training for massage and body treatment services
- Performs and/or assigns any other reasonably related duties to ensure guest satisfaction, the smooth operation of the Spa and positive publicity.
- Assists the Spa Director in developing, training and mentoring staff.
- Assists Director of HAC & Spa in organizing all vendor training
- Assists in analyzing payroll and operating budgets for the Spa in conjunction with Spa Director and Controller.
- Adheres to Cavallo Point standards and values for guest service.
- Assists and reviews the development and revisions Cavallo Point policies and procedures.
- Leads monthly departmental staff meetings.
- Participates in new-hire orientation.
- Participates in decision relating to employment and retention.
- Works closely with housekeeping to ensure that linens are well stocked and other housekeeping items (i.e. cleaning of the cushions, carpets, etc) are readily addressed
- Conducts performance reviews for therapists & estheticians.
- Assumes role of Spa Director in absence of Spa Director and Groups & Activities Manager
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and business skills.
- Must demonstrate a professional, effective demeanor and maintain standards of Cavallo Point excellence in guest service.
- Must possess a positive and cooperative demeanor
- Must display the ability to work with a variety of people, remain calm and professional during stressful situations, must be able to analyze and resolve guest and/or staff related problems.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a four-year college degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Must possess a working knowledge of spa operations and treatments in all application departments i.e. Housekeeping, Massage Modalities, Skin Care and Esthetic Services.
- Must possess minimum of 3 years spa experience,
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
Set in an idyllic location on the San Francisco Bay at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cavallo Point offers unique historic and contemporary lodging options. Cavallo Point offers a multitude of activities and services to choose from. The award winning Healing Arts Center & Spa offers innovative spa treatments in a serene, tranquil setting. Filled with natural light and top-of-the line culinary equipment, the Cavallo Point Cooking School is an intimate place to taste, create and learn. Murray Circle Restaurant is one of Northern California's top culinary destinations.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Paid Time Off program
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining, Spa treatments and hotel stays
This is a management position
This is a full time position