Are you inspired by nature, fun and beauty? We invite you to join a friendly and innovative team providing world class service. We are seeking a Pastry Cook to join our talented Pastry team, you will enjoy a beautiful work environment overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline while earning competitive living wages and benefits.
The ideal candidate must be passionate, dedicated committed to your culinary craft. We offer a supportive work environment for a team-player who is also able to perform independently upon clear guidelines. The role demands an individual with strong attention to details who prides in delivering high-quality products. Candidates must available for evening plating. Must be passionate, dedicated committed to your culinary craft.
Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, is one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Highlighting refined modern Northern California cuisine anchored to its Marin roots, the freshest local ingredients and stunning Golden Gate Bridge views, a meal here is inspired.
POSITION: Pastry Cook
REPORTS TO: Pastry Chef
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires a person who possesses not just excellent pastry skills, but in our effort to create a destination restaurant, the pastry cook is pivotal in maintaining a well organized station for preparing and presenting products of the highest quality. The pastry cook must work closely with the pastry chef, chef, sous chefs, and all other kitchen staff to create a tightly knit group of professionals who present a unified team. Above all, the line cook must do all to contribute to an environment where professionalism, cooperation, and enthusiasm can flourish among the restaurant staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare pastries according to recipe and restaurant specifications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow Pastry Chef’s direction to manage all aspects of your station.
- Arrive as scheduled for a.m. or p.m. kitchen meeting. Report to chef. Be prepared to take notes from meeting and carry out chef’s direction.
- Check station for crossover from last shift using prep lists and verbal communication to set priorities for you shift.
- Each shift is responsible for checking and maintaining a high level of quality of products and equipment on their station. Bringing any problems or shortages to the pastry chef’s attention.
- Set up station according to menu needs and be set for service time.
- Prep food products according to reservations for shift . Use proper rotation, first in first out. Checking for quality. Prevent food waste.
- Perform correct cooking techniques specific to your station.
- Understand how to use, operate, clean and care for all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times. Observe good sanitation practice and safety procedures. Wear gloves when possible.
- Report the breakage, loss, or theft of any restaurant property.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of mise en place at stations to assure a smooth service and transition period.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Check out with pastry chef daily before leaving your shift.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Daily duties may also include but are not limited to unpacking and stocking kitchen deliveries, and assigned cleaning duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A degree in Culinary Arts with 2 to 5 years experience or on the job training as a pastry cook in a fine dining restaurant.
- Good knowledge of hot and cold pastry preparations. Knife skills and cooking terms essential. Knowledge of sanitation rules essential.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions; and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds.
About Our Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
About Cavallo Point Lodge
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position