We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Chef de Cuisine to work at Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Highlighting refined modern Northern California cuisine anchored to its Marin roots, the freshest local ingredients and stunning Golden Gate Bridge views, a meal here is inspired.
Ideal candidates for this position must be passionate about the Bay Area culinary scene with previous kitchen experience required in a high-end reputable restaurant. Must have the ability to work well under pressure, work fast, efficient and exhibits a fine attention to detail and possesses experience in traditional and modern cooking techniques.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and possesses a strong work ethic with a willingness to go above and beyond the norm. Must have experience with proper food storage and handling knowledge, have directly supervised a kitchen staff during prep/service/breakdown and has the ability to work all stations in kitchen.
Candidates should have experience expediting a line during a busy service, have strong understanding of food and labor costs, embody great leadership and communication skills and has the ability to work with the FOH seamlessly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the chef management team in a productive proactive manner
- Will manage the kitchen when the Executive Chef is off or on vacation
- Supervise all cooks & stations in the kitchen to ensure products & dishes are to the standards set by the Executive Chef
- Expedite orders for assigned meal periods
- Supervise stewards to ensure kitchen and equipment are kept clean & organized at all times
- Ordering of all foodstuffs necessary to produce menu items
- Perform month end inventory of all foodstuffs
- Attend all departmental meetings as directed by Executive Chef
- Work directly with the Executive Chef in menu development & creation of new dishes
- Supervise & maintain hourly employee timesheets on a daily basis to ensure budget is met
- Write kitchen schedule for cooks & stewards
- Oversee ordering of product to ensure food cost stays within budgetary limits
- Work directly with front of the house managers to communicate any kitchen issues , additions, and updates
- Will discipline staff and hold staff accountable for attendance and kitchen standards
- Attend interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests/clients/vendors including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent knife skills
- Excellent knowledge of wide variety of cooking terms and techniques
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to work standing for extended periods of time
- Proficient computer knowledge (email, excel, etc)
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Vacation and Sick Days
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Options
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
- Free Parking
This is a management position
This is a full time position