We are looking for a Night Auditor that is available to work from 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM various nights of the week. The Night Auditor accounts for daily financial activity throughout various departments from within the lodge by ensuring the accuracy of all financial information reported. The position will also handle all phone calls, check ins and guest requests during the night.
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
POSITION: Night Auditor
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Night Auditor accounts for Daily Financial Activity throughout various departments from within the lodge by ensuring the accuracy of all financial information, organizing and verifying receipts, transmitting Credit Card batches and assessing of Guest Ledger for current reporting accuracies. Night Auditor also identifies, researches, and corrects discrepancies, post accounts and run Daily Management reports from the Property Management System. This position also acts as a Front Desk Agent of which involves checking guests in or out, booking reservations and/or checking availability for possible future visits and answering Guest’s requests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position must be able to work from 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM.
Accounts for Daily Activity throughout various departments from within the lodge by performing the following activities:
- Ensuring the accuracy of all financial information
- Organizing and verifying receipts
- Transmit Credit Card batches
- Assessment of Guest Ledger for current reporting accuracies or inaccuracies
- Identifying, researching and correcting discrepancies
- Posting accounts
- Run Daily Management reports from the Property Management System and distribute
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests including consistent eye contact with a smile
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs
- Uniform cleanliness and proper attire at all times without exception
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook
- Comply with the attendance policy and specially meal breaks and rest breaks, reporting any discrepancies to management
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
1. Checking guests in or out
2. Booking reservations and or checking availability for possible future visits.
3. Answering requests such as:
A. Scheduling wake-up calls
B. Providing hotel directions
C. Assist guest’s needs by assisting with providing external transportation services.
D. Prepare guest complimentary items such as Coffee, Tea and Pastries along with any accompanied condiments
E. Handle all emergencies that may arise
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
1. Ability to work alone
2. Previous experience with a Property Management System
3. Basic Accounting Knowledge
4. Arithmetic skill is necessary
5. Excellent Communication Skills
6. Ability to work with Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
7. Knowledge of Marin County is a PLUS!
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a High School diploma
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferable
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
- Employee Assistance Program
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position