We have terrific opportunities for a Room Service Server to assist in various areas of our gorgeous luxury lodge. Prior related fine dining experience required. Our ideal candidate would have experience working in a fast paced, fine dining environment. Candidate must have a passion for food and wine and the desire to create an amazing dining experience for our guests. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up Room Service area for days shift with all needed silver, glass, and china.
- To deliver in a timely and friendly manner orders to rooms.
- To follow steps of service when delivering items to rooms as determined by management.
- To obtain any signatures on guest checks as needed.
- To pick up any trays from rooms or hallways that have been delivered by any server.
- To clean and maintain Room Service area, performing side work as determined by management.
- To answer Room Service phone when order taker is on break.
- Know all food items on the “White Board” and food specials and menu items.
- Perform side work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- To be organized in all areas of work.
- Have a sense of urgency with regards to all duties.
- To communicate clearly with servers and managers any issues that would prevent the performance of duties.
- Uniform cleanliness and proper attire at all times without exception.
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with the attendance policy and specially meal breaks and rest breaks, reporting any discrepancies to management.
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years of fine dining experience as a Food Server.
- Familiar knowledge with POS operating systems.
- Proficient conversational and written English.
- Able to stand and walk, and moving for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 45 pounds or more.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferable.
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
Set in an idyllic location on the San Francisco Bay at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cavallo Point offers unique historic and contemporary lodging options. Cavallo Point offers a multitude of activities and services to choose from. The award winning Healing Arts Center & Spa offers innovative spa treatments in a serene, tranquil setting. Filled with natural light and top-of-the line culinary equipment, the Cavallo Point Cooking School is an intimate place to taste, create and learn. Murray Circle Restaurant is one of Northern California's top culinary destinations.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position