DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
POSITION: Bell and Valet Attendant
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Guest Services Manager, the Bell staff shall be responsible for transporting guests’ luggage to and from rooms, explaining the hotel’s facilities, services and operations and completing guests’ / visitors deliveries and messages as requested. Will store and retrieve luggage at the guest’s request. Will park and retrieve guest’s vehicle in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives guests warmly and politely, and uses guests’ name whenever possible.
- Transports guests’ luggage to and from rooms and ensures guest safety and proper luggage handling. Properly uses door stops and luggage racks.
- Explains all features of the guest room to the guest: i.e. TV operation, mini bar location, safe, and drape function, etc. Offers all services as outlined in our standards manual.
- Always points out emergency exit located nearest the room.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times and adheres to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations and department procedures to reflect the high standards of Cavallo point.
- Checks work schedule on a regular basis and notified the supervisor according to the policies and procedures detailed in the employee handbook if unable if unable to report to work at the scheduled time; reports to shifts on time.
- Stores and retrieves luggage, boxes, golf clubs, for guests.
- Completes guests’ and visitors’ deliveries as assigned.
- Delivers messages to guests’ room/meeting room, etc.
- Delivers mail, newspaper, and departmental deliveries as assigned, and maintains these activities on the Bell Staff log sheet.
- Maintains an orderly work place; ensures all equipment is spotless, polish bell carts as required.
- Executes room changes for guests efficiently and courteously at the direction of the FOM, front Office, and other management people.
- May be required to perform other associated duties
- Bell-person will remain at assigned post position until summoned to perform a specific job; he will return to the desk after completing task to receive next post rotation.
- Monitors appearance and condition of lobby; checks building and reports to maintenance or housekeeping any outstanding issues.
- Responsible for completion of gift or amenity deliveries as directed by the front office.
- Opens reception building’s exterior doors for arriving guests.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Follow all fire and safety procedures and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times and adhere to the employee handbook grooming policies.
- Reports to alls scheduled shifts on time and if unable to report to work, notifies the FOM according to the company policies outlined in the employee handbook.
- Awareness and effort in bringing together a team mentality in all respects.
- Awareness of our desire to be the greenest hotel on the planet, awareness and motivation towards being ecologically sensitive, and awareness of the complexity in being green, with a total dedication to doing so.
- Remains focused, alert, and attentive at all times on the job, restricting use of any cell phone, PDA, digital music device, or other device that limits focus.
- Uniform cleanliness and proper attire at all times without exception
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with the attendance policy and specially meal breaks and rest breaks, reporting any discrepancies to management.
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
- Must be a naturally enthusiastic, centered, and organized person to manage the diverse multi-tasking responsible for this position.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with a pleasant personality and ability to make frequent eye contact.
- Ability to write, read, count, and file alphabetically and numerically with precision.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; computer and related programs, fax, copier, scanner, etc.
- Capable of remembering guest names, and using them frequently.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak clearly.
- Valid CA driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent acceptable experience
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
The ideal candidate is an energetic and reliable team player with a positive attitude and a desire to create an amazing guest experience. Candidate must have a clean driving record and ability to drive a standard transition. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Weekend and holidays availability required.
About Our Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
About Cavallo Point Lodge
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position