DEPARTMENT: Restaurant, Bar and Room Service
POSITION: Restaurant Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of F&B
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees, Assistant Managers and Supervisors in the restaurants and bar to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Describe and ensure quality of all food/beverage items, ingredients and preparation methods, as well as provide expert knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive dining experience.
- The ability to work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Wine Director to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
- Monitors the department’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control and cash control.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all areas
- The ability to be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons.
- Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Ensure accurate inventories and quarterly supply inventories
- Effectively communicate with Human Resources on all staff related issues. i.e. resignations, disciplinary actions, mandated meetings
- Support FOH team in all aspects of dining room service
- Conduct pre-shift meetings keeping staff informed about developments in the restaurant, the industry and the future
- Verifies that the outlet staff performs according to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and regional Alcoholic Beverage Commissions guidelines.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- We are looking for individuals who have a thorough knowledge of food and beverage operation, excellent leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Requires attention to detail and problem-solving skills, as well as a passion for customer service
- Maintains a professional and calm demeanor under all circumstances
- Works efficiently and timely at all times
- Knowledge in P&L as it pertains to the restaurant business
- Proficient in POS knowledge (Micros preferable), Avero and Open Table
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of elevated high volume experience as a manager preferably in a hotel or luxury environment
- Proficient in POS knowledge (Micros preferable)
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language- additional language skills encouraged
- Computer literate and detail orientated a must.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and Holidays
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours at a time
- Ability to lift 20 pounds on a regular basis
About Our Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
About Cavallo Point Lodge
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Cavallo Point