We are looking for a Lodge Shuttle Driver with a positive attitude and a desire to create an amazing guest experience. Must have a valid CA license and a clean driving record. The Lodge Shuttle Driver will be responsible for general upkeep of transportation and test vehicles, will be responsible for driving lodge guests to and from Sausalito or downtown San Francisco. Extensive knowledge of San Francisco and Marin area required. Must be able to remain calm in stressful guest situations and heavy check ins. Must be able to lift and carry luggage up to 50 lbs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drive guests to and from downtown San Francisco and other bay area locations based on guests needs.
- Drive guests to and from downtown Sausalito and the Sausalito Ferry building.
- Drive to local vendors and pick up hotel supplies.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the San Francisco and Marin area.
- Will need to use GPS unit when directions are needed.
- Receives guests warmly and politely, and uses guests’ name whenever possible.
- Transports guests’ luggage to and from rooms and ensures guest safety and proper luggage handling. Properly uses door stops and luggage racks.
- Explains all features of the guest room to the guest: i.e. TV operation, mini bar location, safe, and drape function, etc. Offers all services as outlined in our standards manual.
- Always points out emergency exit located nearest the room.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times and adheres to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations and department procedures to reflect the high standards of Cavallo point.
- Checks work schedule on a regular basis and notified the supervisor according to the policies and procedures detailed in the employee handbook if unable if unable to report to work at the scheduled time; reports to shifts on time.
- Stores and retrieves luggage, boxes, golf clubs, for guests.
- Completes guests’ and visitors’ deliveries as assigned.
- Delivers messages to guests’ room/meeting room, etc.
- Delivers mail, newspaper, and departmental deliveries as assigned, and maintains these activities on the Bell Staff log sheet.
- Maintains an orderly work place; ensures all equipment is spotless, polish bell carts as required.
- Executes room changes for guests efficiently and courteously at the direction of the FOM, front Office, and other management people.
- May be required to perform other associated duties
- Bell-person will remain at assigned post position until summoned to perform a specific job; he will return to the desk after completing task to receive next post rotation.
- Monitors appearance and condition of lobby; checks building and reports to maintenance or housekeeping any outstanding issues.
- Responsible for completion of gift or amenity deliveries as directed by the front office.
- Opens reception building’s exterior doors for arriving guests.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Follow all fire and safety procedures and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times and adhere to the employee handbook grooming policies.
- Reports to alls scheduled shifts on time and if unable to report to work, notifies the FOM according to the company policies outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must have a flexible schedule and willing to work weekends and holidays based on business needs
- Remains focused, alert, and attentive at all times on the job, restricting use of any cell phone, PDA, digital music device, or other device that limits focus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Perform other errands as necessary.
- Must be able to work in the confined spaces of the shuttle
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor or MOD.
- Must be a naturally enthusiastic, centered, and organized person to manage the diverse multi-tasking responsible for this position.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with a pleasant personality and ability to make frequent eye contact.
- Ability to write, read, count, and file alphabetically and numerically with precision.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; computer and related programs, fax, copier, scanner, etc.
- Capable of remembering guest names, and using them frequently.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak clearly.
- Valid CA driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must have a commercial B license in the state of California
- Must have an Air Brake Endorsement
- 3 Yrs commercial driving experience and clean driving record (no moving violations or accidents in the past 3 years).
- No DUI convictions
- High School diploma or equivalent acceptable experience
- Must be able to lift and carry luggage up to 50 lbs. Will be required to lift 50+lbs on occasion
- Will be required to assist, lift and carry other guest items that could exceed 50+ lbs
15. Experience in accurate handling of money preferred and perform simple math.
16. Excellent and professional communication skills to deal with hotel guests and fellow associates
17. Follow written driver safety rules
18. Perform pre-trip inspections.
19. Report accidents and injuries immediately and/or any damage to the equipment or persons.
20. Handle all customer complaints professionally.
21. Responsible for upkeep/cleanliness of vehicles at the end of shift clean van.
22. Must be comfortable talking communicating with hotel guests and business clients of the hotel.
23. Must be able to change a tire (20 person passenger van tires are heavy).
24. Must be willing to maintain driving/tour records and follow company procedures and policies.
25. Tour guide experience, travel, tourism or hospitality study and/or a foreign language are a plus
26. CPR &/or First Aid Training
27. Must be personable, social, a team player, like talking, friendly, flexible with hours and reliable!
28. Must be able to work weekends!
29. Follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service.
30. Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner.
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision coverage
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position