POSITION: Banquet Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Banquets
PAY RANGE: $70,000-$75,000 per year
JOB SUMMARY: To oversee the functions of the banquet department including but not limited to set up, service, breakdown, cleanliness, organization, and communication of all guests needs. To assist in scheduling and all human resources issues. Maintain all Banquet areas clean and organized. Communicate with Banquet Director all guest needs and interact with client in a positive, professional manner. Additional duties will include conducting pre-shift meetings with banquet staff to review specific needs of each function including service procedures, set-up, menus, and order of service and special request; ensuring staff is well trained and knowledgeable; ensuring all event set-up and closing duties are performed consistently and efficiently; understanding and facilitating banquet events according to BEO specifications; and responding to guest inquiries and special requests to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the set up, service, and break down of all Banquet functions as set forth by the Banquet Event Orders and in accordance to hotel’s standards
- Supervise and mentor Banquet employees on daily basis
- Interact with hotel guests, industry event planners, and Banquet clients in a professional manner and in accordance with Cavallo Point’s Signature and Operational Standards
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments on daily basis to ensure all events are implemented successfully and all guest needs are met
- Attend BEO meetings and communicate all revisions or changes to the rest of the Banquet team
- Properly plan and direct service of Banquet functions by conducting pre-shifts, preparing diagrams, outlining staff assignment, and any other tool deemed necessary to provide perfect service
- Conduct daily walk through to ensure all front and back of the house areas are clean, organized, and in compliance with hotel safety guidelines
- Prepare daily Captain Reports and Turn Over reports
- Conduct monthly inventory of Banquet food and beverage items
- Generate accurate and consistent bills for Banquet events on daily basis
- Check payroll and make appropriate adjustments to time sheets on daily basis
- Stay abreast of any human resource issues
- Schedule work week to be present at key business times to monitor all areas and work longer hours if needed.
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Sets an above average example of service to line employees by interacting with guests
- Works efficiently and timely at all times
- Ability to create and deliver exceptional banquets foods and drinks utilizing props and creativity, delivering legendary memories.
- Maintains a professional and calm demeanor under all circumstances
- Directs details of particular service group (Servers, bartenders, house persons) to focus on streamlining service and improving the guest experience.
- Efficient at leading pre-service meetings to unite service groups and clarify details
- Monitors the department’s actual and projected budget to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Ensures cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
- Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food & beverage and culinary teams by soliciting employee feedback, utilizing the "open door" policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Hires banquets leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Conducts the beverage inventory as directed by Director of Banquets.
- Able to multi-task.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, leadership meetings, BEO’s meetings, and hotel employee’s functions.
- Assists other F&B departments when needed demonstrating team work within all F&B division.
- Close and cash out employees at end of shifts, ensuring accuracy and accountability for cash and banks when there is an open cash bar event.
- Proficient with Paychex to approve vacation, sick time, and timecards.
- Processes and turns in payroll timely.
- Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our values and goals.
- Participate in china, glassware, silverware, and line inventories as necessary directed by Director of Banquets
- Reviews P&L reports as it pertains to the banquets
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferable
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Pay Scale: $70,000-$75,000/year