Are you inspired by nature, fun and beauty? We invite you to join a friendly and dynamic team providing world class service. As a Busser at the Cavallo Point Lodge team, you will enjoy a beautiful work environment overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline while earning competitive living wages and benefits.
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To assist servers and bartenders in the service of all guests who are patronizing the restaurant and bar, clearing plates, resetting tables, watering, serving bread, and any duty that manager on duty deems needed to ensure a seamless guest experience with quality, creating a legendary experience for all guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up bus stations with all items needed for shift including but not limited to: water, silver, napkins, salt and pepper shakers, wiping towels, coffee, iced tea, lemonade, and any other item that may be needed throughout the shift.
- Help to clear soiled dishes from tables, including glassware, silver, bread plates, and any other items on table that are not being used
- Reset tables as guests depart including wiping, resetting, and cleaning surrounding area so table is ready for next guest
- Do whatever duties deemed necessary by manager to service the guest.
- Close down station, put away all supplies, clean bus areas, and perform any closing duties deemed needed by manager
- Know menu and be able to answer guest questions about the food and the hotel
- Perform side work in a timely and accurate manner
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests including consistent eye contact with a smile
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- To be organized in all areas of work
- Have a sense of urgency with regards to all duties
- To communicate clearly with servers and managers any issues that would prevent the performance of duties
- Uniform cleanliness and proper attire at all times without exception
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook
- Comply with the attendance policy and specially meal breaks and rest breaks, reporting any discrepancies to management
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferable
- Proficient conversational and written English
- Able to stand and walk, and moving for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 45 pounds or more
- Must have valid Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five-star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
Rate of Pay: $18.02 per hour plus gratuities
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Pay Scale: $18.02 per hour plus gratuities