JOB SUMMARY: To assist bartenders and servers in the service of all guests who are patronizing the bar up to and including stocking of the bar with supplies, beverages, organizing the cellar and stocking areas, cleaning, setting tables, clearing, offering bread and water, sweeping floor, cleaning bus areas, folding napkins, polishing silver, running food and making coffee/tea drinks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up bar station with all items needed for shift including but not limited to: water, ice, silver, napkins, salt and pepper shakers, wiping towels, coffee, iced tea, lemonade, fruits, beverage ingredients and any other item that may be needed throughout the shift.
- Help to clear soiled dishes from tables, including glassware, silver, bread plates, and any other items on table that are not being used
- Reset bar seating areas as guests depart including wiping, resetting, and cleaning surrounding area so table is ready for next guest
- Do whatever duties deemed necessary by manager to service the guest.
- Close down station, put away all supplies, clean storage and bar areas, and perform any closing duties deemed needed by manager.
- Graciously interacts with guests that are waiting for tables providing timely feedback
- Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our values and goals.
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests/clients/vendors including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To be organized in all areas of work
- Have a sense of urgency with regards to all duties
- To communicate clearly with servers and managers any issues that would prevent the performance of duties
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more with regularity
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to speak English to co-workers and guests
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferable
- Must have valid Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire
- Must have valid Alcohol Server Certification within 30 days of hire
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Paid Time Off program
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Pay Scale: $18.55/hour plus gratuities