ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This is a management position
- Plans, organizes, controls and directs the work of employees in the Hotel’s food and beverage outlets while ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Works quickly in high-pressure environment and has the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Schedules staff according to business needs, special functions and influence business.
- Maintains an accurate reservation system and advises kitchen of incoming reservations to ensure smooth service
- Processes payroll in an accurate manner
- Ability to independently problem solve issues that arise in the restaurant
- Works with line staff and kitchen to deliver an exceptional dining experience
- Execute large parties and understand booking procedures
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Restaurant to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met
- Ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests and clients
- Describe and ensure quality of all food items, ingredients, and preparation methods, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits.
- Directs details of particular service group (Servers, Runners, Bartenders, Host, etc.) to focus on streamlining service.
- Efficient at leading pre-service meetings to unite service groups and clarify details.
- Provide calm leadership on the floor and in the back of the house at all times.
- Organizational, leadership and communication skills are a must to provide leadership for the employees to create legendary memories for the guests.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, leadership meetings and hotel employee’s functions.
- Assists other F&B departments when needed demonstrating team work within all F&B division.
- Close and cash out employees at end of shifts, ensuring accuracy and accountability for cash and banks for both Farley Bar and Murray Circle.
- Proficient with payroll system to approve vacation, sick time, and time cards.
- Responsible to update Micros with necessary changes for a smooth operation on the floor by the servers and bartenders.
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team to facilitate solutions and meet deadlines
- Must be professional in appearance
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our values and goals.
- Must have at least 3 years management experience
- Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, facility maintenance and restaurant financials.
- Requires the ability to operate computer equipment and other hotel computer systems.
- Speaking, writing and reading English is required.
- This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work different shifts and nights and weekends.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Pay Scale: $77,250/year plus bonus incentive
Visit Careers at Cavallo Point