JOB SUMMARY: Under the daily supervision of the Rooms Operations Manager, and Front Office Managers, the Front of House Doorman is responsible for communicating tasks between the bell/valet staff and resort services. The Front of House Doorman will focus on guest service and will be the first point of contact for guests as they arrive and depart the property, ensuring that all procedures and guest service standards are met to ensure optimal service to our guests and visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be the first point of contact in communication with the Resort Service Agent, logging all requests and deliveries.
- Ensure all deliveries are recorded and fairly distributed among the staff. Make sure all paperwork is completed and in order for the deliveries. Deliveries must be completed in a proper, courteous and timely manner.
- Position location on the drive, 601 porch, and lobby area at all times, being fully visible and available for guest service and guest requests.
- Pass all golf cart and shuttle requests on to other staff members to ensure guest and employee access to the doorman at all times.
- Comply with specific Lodge pricing, commission, and gratuity policies relative to the position
- Ensure the Bell Closet, Golf carts and Shuttle Vans are cleaned and maintained on a daily basis
- Assist guests with transportation needed via radio communication with PBX Department and any other department calling for guest assistance.
- Maintain an un-biased, pro-active and positive attitude while dealing with staff members and while in guest contact areas
- Assist other departments as needed (i.e. Housekeeping, Front Desk, etc.)
- Maintain a safe working environment. Report and correct if possible, any unsafe acts or conditions
- Answer and assist with inquiries, in person, providing information on the Lodge and local area to guests. Market and up-sell Lodge rooms, facilities, and amenities whenever possible
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by managers
- Monitors appearance and condition of lobby; checks building and reports to maintenance or housekeeping any outstanding issues
- Ensure all employees follow uniform standards
- Ensure consistent and complete communication between the Bell Desk and all other departments of the hotel to ensure a smooth operation
- Know all designated VIPs coming to the Lodge
- Review all group resumes on a daily basis and pass on any pertinent information to ensure a successful program. Work with CP Event Managers to ensure all expectations and requests by the Group Contact are met
- Responsible for any and all projects assigned by the Front Office Manager
- Must have flexibility with the schedule given based on business and staffing levels; including, but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays
- Resolve guest issues, showing empathy and finding the best solution possible. Listen to guest and show empathy before providing options for a solution, and follow up to ensure that all issues were resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist Front Office Management in communicating important information to the bell staff relative to all groups and their needs.
- Follow all fire and safety procedures and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times and adhere to the employee handbook grooming policies.
- Reports to all scheduled shifts on time and if unable to report to work, notifies the Rooms Operation Manager according to the company policies outlined in the employee handbook.
- Awareness and effort in bringing together a team mentality in all respects.
- Awareness of Cavallo Point Lodge’s desire to operate as environmentally sustainable as possible, awareness and motivation towards being ecologically sensitive, and awareness of the complexity in being green, with a total dedication to doing so.
- Remains focused, alert, and attentive at all times on the job, restricting use of any cell phone, PDA, digital music device, or other device that limits focus.
- Knowledge of the Bay Area and the surrounding tourist attractions, with the ability to give accurate driving directions.
- Must be naturally enthusiastic, centered, and organized person to supervise the diverse personalities of the Front Desk staff.
- Must possess excellent communication skills combined with a pleasant personality and ability to make frequent eye contact.
- Ability to speak, hear, read and write English, count, and file alphabetically and numerically with precision.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; computer and related programs, fax, copier, and scanner.
- Capable of remembering guests names and using them frequently.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent acceptable experience.
- Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hour shifts.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motion, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual ability.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Concierge level knowledge needed of hotel amenities, restaurants, travel and transportation information.
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Paid Time Off program
- Kaiser HMO Insurance
- Met Life – Dental Insurance
- VSP – Vision coverage
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position