DEPARTMENT: Front Desk
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
JOB SUMMARY: According to Cavallo Point’s standards, ensure a high level of guest satisfaction and return. To assist the guests with a wide scope of services and be a liaison between guests and other hotel departments, and outside entities. Ensures efficient operation of the Concierge desk and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the guests both over the telephone and at the desk, during their stay, often prior to their arrival, as well as after their departure. Communicates clearly, concisely, and effectively with guests, using guest names whenever possible.
- Acts as a liaison between the guests and the various facilities as well as the numerous services offered by the city and its surroundings
- Fulfills guests’ needs to provide them with a comfortable, worry free stay, therefore ensuring a high degree of satisfaction and repeat visits.
- Coordinates check-ins and check-outs, handling and storing luggage, handling transportation requests, and the like.
- Maintains a clean and methodically organized work area. Ensures that the necessary supplies are available before beginning work.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with “hotel-affiliated” golf courses. Books tee times for guests and ensures accurate billing procedures.
- Is knowledgeable about local rental car agencies and policies. Monitors supply and demand for cars, and makes arrangements for guests as necessary.
- Handles mail and messages, deliveries, and rentals
- Performs or arranges for secretarial work, such as faxing, photocopying, printing guest emails, etc as requested.
- Arranges or suggests numerous activities such as sightseeing, sports, theater, etc. as requested.
- Provides numerous services such as babysitting, courier dispatches, limo bookings, etc.
- Dispenses a wide scope of information on attractions, transportation, entertainment, dining, etc.
- Organizes and completes all travel arrangements for guests as requested.
- Familiarizes self with contents of log books, order books, tour binder, etc (Concierge yellow pages). Ensures information is accurate and up to date.
- Checks to ensure that all filing and logging is maintained and follow up done.
- Ensures fast and efficient dispatching of bell staff services as well as doorman functions.
- Updates self continually with current events in the city and events taking place within the hotel.
- Prioritizes and performs all tasks, duties, and functions as established procedures dictate. Ensure accuracy, attention to detail and completeness.
- May be assigned other duties or responsibilities as required or directed.
- Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our values and goals.
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests/clients/vendors including consistent eye contact with a smile.
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Follow all fire and safety procedures and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times and adhere to the employee handbook grooming policies.
- Reports to alls scheduled shifts on time and if unable to report to work, notifies the FOM according to the company policies outlined in the employee handbook.
- Awareness and effort in bringing together a team mentality in all respects.
- Awareness of our desire to be the greenest hotel on the planet, awareness and motivation towards being ecologically sensitive, and awareness of the complexity in being green, with a total dedication to being so.
- Remains focused, alert, and attentive at all times on the job, restricting use of any cell phone, pda, digital music device, or other device that limits focus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a naturally enthusiastic, centered, and organized person to manage the diverse multi-tasking responsible for this position.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with a pleasant personality and ability to make frequent eye contact.
- Ability to write, read, count, and file alphabetically and numerically with precision.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; computer and related programs, fax, copier, scanner, etc.
- Ability to stand for lengthy periods of time, with a half hour meal break, and 2 10 minute breaks.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak clearly.
- High School diploma with equivalent acceptable experience. College degree preferred
- Previous concierge experience a must, at least 2 years in a luxury property
- Local knowledge and expertise is a must
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
Set in an idyllic location on the San Francisco Bay at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cavallo Point offers unique historic and contemporary lodging options. The award winning Healing Arts Center & Spa offers innovative spa treatments in a serene, tranquil setting. Filled with natural light and top-of-the line culinary equipment, the Cavallo Point Cooking School is an intimate place to taste, create and learn. Murray Circle Restaurant is one of Northern California's top culinary destinations.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Anthem HMO Insurance
- Metlife – Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position