Cavallo Point is looking for a dynamic Cooking School Event Administrator to assist the Cooking School Head Chef in completing all tasks associated with the administrative support role. This position is designed to create a seamless transition between the development, execution and marketing of the cooking school mission statement, course curriculum, the fulfillment of class registration, the detailing of corporate and private events and the reporting of revenue.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primary sales efforts are in maximizing revenues for the Cooking School through the booking of private cooking classes
- Maintaining strong customer relationships
- Assist with administrative tasks as they pertain to private and public classes for the Cooking School, including contract filing and tracking, creation of event profiles in property software programs Delphi and Opera, BEO creation and distribution, as well as any post-event administration work needed with the client and accounting department for account reconciliation
- Communicate guest and menu need planning with the Chef, agenda setting, and providing a personalized planning experience
- Operate graciously under pressure, demonstrating the best guest interaction service possible
- Extremely detail-oriented, possess exemplary customer service skills, be an effective communicator and be able to handle a fast paced environment
- Perform side work in a timely and accurate manner
- Sincere and warm interaction with all guests including consistent eye contact with a smile
- Follow and deliver 5 Star services’ standards, delighting guests by anticipating their needs
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Requires exemplary organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Host site inspections as needed
- Ability to develop relationships with clients in order to drive return business, bundled business, and client demand for repeat experiences
- Comfort with / working knowledge of software and operational systems
- Work cohesively with other departments and be a team player
- Ability to anticipate issues, be very detail-oriented and aptly handle a fast-paced environment
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook
- Comply with the attendance policy and specially meal breaks and rest breaks, reporting any discrepancies to management
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Secondary schooling in hospitality or marketing fields strongly preferred
- Computer proficiency and experience with: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Experience with Eventbrite, Delphi, Micros, and Opera strongly preferred.
- Able to seat in the office, stand and walk, and moving around the property
- Ability to lift 20 pounds or more
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for Northern California adventures. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, this San Francisco luxury resort was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
Set in an idyllic location on the San Francisco Bay at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cavallo Point offers unique historic and contemporary lodging options. The award winning Healing Arts Center & Spa offers innovative spa treatments in a serene, tranquil setting. Filled with natural light and top-of-the line culinary equipment, the Cavallo Point Cooking School is an intimate place to taste, create and learn. Murray Circle Restaurant is one of Northern California's top culinary destinations.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Options
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
- Free parking
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position