Cavallo Point is looking for a seasoned Director of Food and Beverage to oversee the overall operations of all Food and Beverage departments which includes Murray Circle, Farley Bar, Room Service, and Banquet Operations to ensure revenues are met, high standards are upheld, and guest and employee satisfaction continue to improve. The ideal candidate will be strategic, think critically, develop marketing and promotion plans, manage P&L, budgeting, forecasting, inventory, and control of food cost and payroll. The role will directly contribute to the overall success and profitability of the lodge.
- Work with the lodge HR department to ensure the recruitment of the best possible talent available for the F&B outlets.
- Establish standards of performance and job descriptions for all F&B positions.
- Establish SOP’s and best practices for creating high quality service standards for the F&B division that offers the finest experience for guests and staff members alike.
- Ensure that training programs for all operations are in place and tracked.
- Ensure that the lodge F&B operations conform with all local and federal codes and regulations.
- Set up standards for labor costs and ensure they are followed.
- Build relationships with local F&B organizations, schools and other resources.
- Coordinate the organization and administrative functions in all areas of the F&B division. Ensure that all F&B reports and data are submitted on time to the appropriate departments and General Manager.
- Ensure that staffing is maintained at an appropriate level to match business demand.
- Participate in all regular and ad hoc operational meetings as required.
- Participate in the formulation of strategic business plans for the lodge.
- Establish monthly reporting system to monitor: key performance indicators, operational expenses, Project updates, and other related tasks.
- Handle all guest complaints expeditiously and to complete resolution.
- Manage projects as required by the General Manager and/or Controller.
- Oversee F&B candidate selection and staffing.
- Oversee staff performance of all F&B staff members.
- Develop middle management through coaching and counseling with in the F&B outlets.
- Ensure that appraisal and succession planning systems and deadlines are utilized and adhered to.
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are undertaken fairly and in accordance to lodge policies.
- Closely monitor on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis the financial performance of all F&B outlets providing solutions to improve problem areas and assisting in implementing corrective measures.
- Contribute to the lodge’s overall financial performance.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and marketing plan, taking ownership of the F&B division.
- Provide monthly forecast of all F&B revenues and expenses for the fiscal year.
- Maintenance and programming of all F&B systems.
- Work with the IT Manager to ensure that all hardware and software is operational and updated on a consistent basis.
- Research innovative new technology solutions in the F&B field.
- Participate in public relation activities, sales calls, or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the F&B departments of the lodge.
- Monitor and analyze the competitors operations in order to assess their activities and trends to keep us one step ahead of the trends as well as a leader in the industry.
- Review and analyze market trends globally and locally to keep current.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef.
- Work closely with the Chief of Engineering.
- Other activities as deemed appropriate by the General Manager.
- Excellent communication skills in all aspects: verbal, written, and non-verbal
- Professional and appropriate business appearance and presentation.
- 3-5 years experience in a comparable position in a luxury hotel operation.
- Hospitality management related degree preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of F&B operations, including: Restaurant, Bar, Banquets, Room Service, Culinary, and Stewarding.
- Flexible work schedule to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
- Must be highly numerate and able to work comprehensively with spreadsheets and budgeting packages.
- Possess excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Quality driven with a passion for excelling in guest service and satisfaction.
- Approachable, open minded, and fair leader.
- Must be able to work in a team as well as independently.
- Must be fluent in English, and ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
Cavallo Point offers a competitve salary and bonus program and generous benefits.
Seeing is believing. For a glimpse into what we offer, check out our menus and wine list of 2,000 options and 30 wines by the glass. Cavallo Point is widely recognized as one of the top 5 hotels/resorts in the US by travel experts and travelers. If you have what it takes to join our team, we'd love to hear from you!
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Vacation and Sick Days program
- Health Benefits
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401k Retirement Option
- Job training
- Promotion from within
- Employee discounts on dining and hotel stays
This is a management position
This is a full time position