Are you inspired by nature, fun and beauty? We invite you to join a friendly and dynamic team providing world class service. As the Engineering Generalist I at the Cavallo Point Lodge team, you will enjoy a beautiful work environment overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline while earning competitive living wages and benefits.
ENGINEERING – Job Description
POSITION: Generalist I
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
JOB SUMMARY: Generalist daily responsibilities include, performing guestroom and public space preventive maintenance, response to guestroom or public space operational problems, responding to requests for assistance with operational problems from departments; housekeeping, laundry, kitchen, food and beverage, front desk, and accounting. Assists various supervisors as required. Provides service to other functional areas as necessary, including Housekeeping, Food and Beverage Department Equipment and set up needs, Laundry, Mechanical and Electrical plant, paving, walks, walls, railings, steps and related structures. Other Duties may include, cleaning and equipment washing, minor demolition, small excavation, loading and lifting, trash and debris removal, and resetting or removal of furnishings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement the guestroom and public spaces preventive maintenance program, which includes, furnishings, lamp changing and other minor electrical and carpentry repairs, toilet, sink and tub repairs including cleanout work.
- Operate ‘snakes’ and augers to clear drains within building and through cleanouts.
- On an as needed basis, will require; resetting tv remotes and rebooting movie equipment, rebooting and reestablishing wireless service to guestrooms, lighting fireplaces, relighting or starting: stoves, boilers and heaters, operating pumping and injection and treatment systems for pools and spas.
- Respond to guest requests for assistance within the guestroom, setting fans, GFI’s, adjusting water temperatures, air conditioning, tv programming, lighting and drapery.
- Respond to employee request for assistance in operational spaces, adjusting cooling, fan speeds, clearing drains and sinks etc, resetting breakers, panels and equipment.
- Use stores, stocks, lumber, furnishing components, latch and key, and other materials. Use paint and finish supplies and records of application, mixes and grouts.
- Maintain furnishings in guestroom and public areas, restore finishes, use paints and coverings, reset hardware, locks, hasps, hinges.
- Maintain tile, grout and flooring materials, reapply grouts, finish to match existing, reset tile.
- Faces guests in difficult situations, overcomes guest problems, while working with other components of the staff.
- First response to emergencies on the property, may involve use of fire extinguishing equipment, ‘sounding the alarm’, closing critical valves, opening critical switches and shutting down abnormally operating equipment.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Participate on an occasional basis to perform duties not normally associated with Engineering- that assist Cavallo Point in accomplishing overall goals
- Participate in maintaining a safe work environment, by following all departmental, and property wide safety policies and programs.
- Maintain a ‘ready to work’ personal tool kit, (issued to the individual) with designated tools, in complete and good repair.
- Participate in training, monthly discussions within department, property wide meetings designated by the General Manager, or her designee, and other more frequent operational meetings as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Trade experience in new construction, maintenance of buildings, painting, drywall, furniture repair, electrical, flooring, plumbing or mechanical helper experience. Any of these experience backgrounds may demonstrate ‘experience’.
- Demonstrated skill in use of hand tools, power handheld drills, saws-all, sanders, chipping and abrading tools.
- Using and analyzing multi-meter, temperature and pressure reading equipment, equipment scales and ‘readouts’.
- Able to work on ladders & scaffolding at various heights.
- Able to work on roofs, in trunks, attics and basements for extended periods of time.
- Work with both hands, while standing for 2 hour periods.
- Respond to emergency conditions involving safety, continuous operation of the property and emergency guest needs.
- Perform technical tasks identified by manufactures written instructions, plans and similar documentation.
- Complete training on site involving equipment and procedures related to safety and personal protective equipment.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- Complete a State of California, Certified Pool Operators course (preferred).
The ideal candidate is an energetic and reliable team player with experience working in painting, tile, drywall, and/or carpentry as well as plumbing and electrical repairs. Previous experience with building preventive maintenance is a plus.Weekend and holidays availability required.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
- Free parking
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position