Under the direction of a supervisor, this position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility. The position distributes and tracks clean linens to user departments and maintains stock levels on nursing floors. The position follows standard practices and procedures and complies with regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions of Patient Dismissal - Medical Cleaning Position:
- Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork and equipment and dust-mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
- Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas
- Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other high areas using a ladder.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags or containers.
- Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new occupants; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
- Makes supply packs for departments and puts linen stacks in carts for distribution. Takes supply requests and delivers them.
- Delivers linens to departments according to pre-established par levels and schedules. Distributes emergency supplies as needed.
- Keeps records of linen distribution by department; checks floor linens supplies and lists linen use by department.
- Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of Patient Dismissal - Medical Cleaning Position:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good client/customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willingness to learn
Qualifications of Patient Dismissal - Medical Cleaning Position:
- Valid Drivers License - Preferred
- Acceptable Criminal Background Check - Required
Physical Demands of Patient Dismissal - Medical Cleaning Position:
- Routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds
Quality Work, Responsive Service, and a Commitment to People.
This is a full time position