SURGERY ROOM CLEANER-FORT WAYNE
$13.00 PER HOUR
$200.00 SIGN ON BONUS *LIMITED TIME OFFER*
$100.00 PERFECT ATTENDANCE BONUS
$200.00 REFERRAL BONUS
Under the direction of a supervisor, this position is responsible for performing OR cleaning duties for medical facilities located in the Fort Wayne area. Quality customer service will be provided to the client at all times. Knowledge or willingness to learn proper cleaning techniques is essential. Medical Cleaning is centered on patient safety, satisfaction and customer service, and is detail oriented.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR SURGICAL ROOM CLEANERS:
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Cleans and disinfects any area impacted by spills / stains of bodily fluids such as blood, urine, BM, vomit, etc. and / or other kinds of liquids / fluids.
- Cleans designated areas (walls, windows, doors, etc.) following facility specific processes.
- Damp mop, refinishes, polishes flooring surfaces as appropriate using proper equipment and procedures.
- Vacuums carpet and upholstered furniture using proper equipment and procedures.
- Cleans, checks, and refills supply dispensers as needed. (paper towels, toilet tissue, soap, sanitary napkin, sanitary seat covers, odor control, etc.).
- Empties trash receptacles following proper procedures.
- Responds to general cleaning needs (OR calls) within 30 minutes.
- Follows directions of caution / warning labels on chemical supplies.
- Complies with hospital and department safety policies and procedures. Follows proper utilization of chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Supports and participates in changes affecting the hospital and the department.
- Is willing to be flexible with hours and weekend rotation.
- Disassemble, clean, disinfect, and reassemble O.R. tables / equipment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES OF SURGICAL ROOM CLEANERS:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good client/customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willingness to learn
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SURGICAL ROOM CLEANERS:
- High School Diploma or GED-Required
- Acceptable Criminal Background Check - Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF SURGICAL ROOM CLEANERS:
- Routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds
This is a full time position