Costco Travel is a wholly owned subsidiary of Costco Wholesale, and provides leisure travel to the more than 49 million Costco members throughout the United States. The travel service features a limited number of carefully selected suppliers that emphasize exceptional quality and value.
Costco Travel is the fastest growing subsidiary of Costco Wholesale, and provides leisure travel to the more than 49 million Costco members throughout the United States. The secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco and Costco Travel puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg. As our CEO has said, “At Costco our attitude is everyone in the organization is important - every job is important and so is every person.” Do you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world?
The Business Analyst will be responsible for facilitating business change management by developing detailed business requirements, and process flow diagrams, in addition to other appropriate standard analysis artifacts. The selected candidate will be involved in program/project implementations. The Business Analyst will support multiple customers and stakeholders throughout the project life cycle to help realize business benefits and define a set of business requirements that will translate into valuable business solutions and technology systems.
The candidate will work closely with business users and others in all stages of the project lifecycle including discovery, design, construction, transition, and implementation. This individual should demonstrate the highest levels of customer service, communication, productivity and professionalism. In addition, the candidate will have the ability and aptitude for leadership and self-motivation, possessing strong analytical skills and Costco business (or other retail) expertise.
- Works with Business Relations Analyst and/or business users to understand the motivation behind new enhancements and features
- Stakeholder and team interaction:
- Determines stakeholder influence and relationship needs
- Interacts with technical team(s) to translate functional specifications into technology solutions
- Coordinates the implementation and delivery of the solution
- Identifies risks to the delivery of planned features by monitoring the progress of technical team(s) throughout the release
- Attends and/or facilitates daily standups / coordinates the removal of impediments
- Requirements management process:
- Develops business analysis artifacts (use cases, business models, etc.) to document “as-is” and “to-be” requirements and change management plans as they pertain to specific projects and/or functional area Identifies and communicates risks and issues that may require changes to plans or scope
- Prioritizes requirements effectively based on appropriately identified factors
- Organizes and synthesizes large amounts of information provided by stakeholders
- Ensures that all requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfills goals and objectives and meets stakeholder needs
- Leads and participates in User Acceptance sessions for confirmation of requirements implementation prior to deployment
- Elicitation and communication:
- Ensures appropriate stakeholders are involved and obtain required information for capturing and validating requirements and other artifacts
- Effectively manages changes and conflict during requirements gathering process
- Manages requirements traceability
- Prepares artifacts in an understandable and presentable format
- Assists in training as needed to help them inform end users of functionality in upcoming releases
- Acts as a subject matter expert of our applications and how they support our business processes
- Assists service team with troubleshooting production issues as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- MUST have 2+ years CURRENT experience working on a Scrum and/or Agile team as a Sprint Leader
- 3+ years experience working within a software development environment
- 3+ years experience with creating documentation for communication with varied audiences
- 2+ years experience working on complex development projects
- Deep understanding of business requirements elicitation pursuant to specific programs/projects involved
- Proficient in requirements gathering, business modeling, project scoping, and use case creation
- Expertise in utilizing standard documentation tools/utilities
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels of the organization
WE ARE ONLY HIRING LOCALLY AND DO NOT PROVIDE RELOCATION ASSISTANCE FOR THIS ROLE AND WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES THAT DO NOT NEED ANY FORM OF VISA SPONSORSHIP. NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS OR VENDORS PLEASE.
Department: Information Technology
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs