Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.Role Summary
Functions as the leader of the property’s Sales and Marketing department responsible for setting strategies and managing all of the property's segments including group, leisure, business travel, and catering. As a member of the Hotel Executive Committee develops and implements hotel-wide initiatives that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the hotel/resort guests and team members, and provides a return on investment to the owner and Auberge Resorts LLC. Provides day to day leadership to the sales team to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Implements the brand strategies, positioning, and initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives. Develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the property. Manages the Sales and Marketing budget to enable the development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives. Manages the day to day relationship with the contracted Public Relations Agency and Interfaces with Home Office Sales and Marketing leaders to develop effective strategies to grow the properties revenue streams. Develops and implements initiatives in collaboration with the Executive Committee that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the ARC customers.
Business and Functional Results
Develops and executes strategies that are aligned with the hotel/resort business strategy, that build long-term guest loyalty and enable the achievement of hotel sales objectives. Develops and manages the Sales and Marketing’s annual operating budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations. Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the property owner and The Auberge Resorts.
Sales and Marketing
- Focuses on building the unit’s top line revenue. Develops and executes strategies that are aligned with the hotel/resort business strategy to deliver against the hotel sales and booking goals utilizing on-property sales resources and leveraging the Global Sales Office(GSO) and other above property sales resources to deliver results.
- Ensures the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market. Deploys sales team against appropriate market segments.
- Proactively positions and markets the property. Develop and execute a marketing strategy to drive revenue and meet property objectives. Manages property marketing budget and leverages home office marketing resources to develop hotel specific marketing campaigns, advertising, collateral, etc
- Ensures sales and marketing information provided to the Operations departments is timely, accurate and enables the property to meet or exceed guest expectations, create customer loyalty and grow market share. Ensures execution of brand strategy and brand initiatives in all Sales processes and continually focuses on improving guest satisfaction.
- Ensures proper pricing and positioning of the property in the market, appropriate transient and group mix and implementation of sales strategy. Addresses fluctuating market and economic conditions by partnering with Revenue Management to change sales strategy.
- Ensures demand forecasting and sound revenue practices are in place to maximize yield.
- Develops a Public Relations strategy for the hotel to maintain its profile with customers and community at large aligned with location-specific needs as well as Auberge Resorts Collection overall strategy.
- Evaluates market and economic trends and introduces appropriate changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensures a competitive position in the market. Communicates changes and potential revenue opportunities to the leadership team.
- Uses data (STAR report, competitive shopping reports, etc.) and other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position. Researches competitor’s strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness; advises brand and regional team of growth opportunities.
- Identify innovative marketing ideas and proactively develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
- Accomplishes desired results by setting priorities and effectively managing through people and processes, using reliable tools, and leveraging resources and other parts of the organization. Assign clear accountability and monitor implementation to assure success and accountability for results
- Leads on-property sales and marketing functions and leverages above property sales resources to deliver results.
- Proactively develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external key stakeholder groups.
- Works with operations department heads to ensure departmental sales and marketing strategies are aligned with the overall hotel plan.
- A passionate advocate of Auberge Resorts culture (What, How and Why).
- Hire, retain and continually develop diverse, high- caliber talent that makes a strong positive impact on the organization; anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans and existing talent, develop plans and talent to address gaps. Partner with the VPM and Talent & Culture to develop plans relating to succession planning, career development and training for sales talent.
- Maintain high-performance levels in the department by placing the right people in the right jobs, coaching & developing them, and stepping forward to address performance issues.
- Ensures new hires participate in the orientation program and that all sales and marketing team members receive the appropriate technical and leadership training to successfully perform their job.
- Uses Performance Review and KRA process to set goals and expectations holding staff accountable for results, and to coach the team by providing specific feedback to improve performance; ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the department to communicate priorities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
- Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces Auberge Resorts culture, in which team members can perform at their best to enable business success.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures recognition occurs in all areas.
- Promote an organizational environment that rapidly assimilates new information to improve business performance through assertive leadership, and create a culture of candor
- Actively pursue learning and self- development to enhance own professional growth. Seek and welcome feedback. Take action to enhance performance based on experiences & coaching
- Use strong technical expertise and understanding of the global and local economy and their potential impact on the business to devise strategies to grow hotel revenue
- Develop processes to enhance communication and sharing of best practice and learnings within the organization
- 7+ years of progressive sales and marketing or related experience
- Lodging/ hospitality industry knowledge required
- Experience in successfully developing and executing creative ways to drive group, transient and catering revenues
- Proven skills as an industry leader to lead and motivate a strong, dynamic team
- Strong analytical skills to develop and review reports (including Revenue Management) and determine other opportunities and ways to increase business levels
- Ability and experience to develop marketing programs and initiatives that work and will improve the properties top of mind position in the minds of the meeting planner community and the end-user for the leisure transient market
- Able to communicate the What, How and Why of the organization to the team members at the property level, our customers, property owners (at regular owner reviews) and corporate office.
- Translate business needs into what needs to get done; ensure that all work is completed effectively; monitor the progress of work against schedules and budgets; maintain high-performance standard; work effectively by using a highly collaborative style.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; influence without direct management authority
- Foster relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives; demonstrate flexibility in approach and vision; step forward to address difficult issues and guide others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals.
- Create an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the organization; possesses exceptional communications skills.
- Support, initiate and manage change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- A constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally. Higher weight threshold may apply when traveling with luggage.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm's’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
We try to be emotionally consistent, even-tempered and calm in challenging situations. We are open and approachable, empathetic and culturally sensitive. We coach our people and take responsibility for developing their performance. And we act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This is a management position
This is a full time position