Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Marketing Manager at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin Texas. The Marketing Manager will lead the development of innovative publicity programs that will increase awareness and drive revenue for the property. Success in this role will require an innovative mindset, strong follow-through, and a willingness to roll-up your sleeves to make things happen.
Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure.
- Promote and recognize opportunities to provide guest service above and beyond all expectations.
- Ensure that cleanliness and service standards are maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with other teams by reporting all work orders as soon as possible.
- Monitor and maintain a safe environment for all employees.
- Complete all required forms (room status, discrepancy, late check-outs, employee competencies and reviews, lateness, and absenteeism daily.
- Maintain correct inventories of all OS&E items.
- Be an active team player with a hands-on approach when manpower is in shortage
- Inspect rooms.
Staff Training and Communication:
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings on each shift.
- Develop and implement motivational and training programs.
- Train employees in maintaining clean, organized and properly stocked work areas and equipment.
- Train and monitor room attendants daily to ensure that standards of service and cleanliness are understood and followed.
- Effective communicator.
Guest Rooms, Public Areas and Back of the House Areas:
- Completely understand and be able to operate all in-room technology.
- Inspect all assigned guestrooms, both occupied and vacant. Ensure all general cleaning, preparation for VIP’s early arrivals and special cleaning requests are done on time and according to standard.
- Monitor and maintain perfect cleanliness in all public areas responsible.
- Monitor and maintain all back of the house areas.
- Must possess broad knowledge of all aspects of high-end resort operations, with a strong emphasis on Marketing and Public Relations.
- Knowledge and genuine interest in travel & food and wine.Proficient in website editing CMS tools (primarily Wordpress), Google Suite, Microsoft Office software and graphic design programs.
- Excellent written command of English, essential. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to:
- Prioritize and organize work assignments; multi-task.
- Focus attention on details.
- Abide by and uphold standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of guest and resort information.
- Work cohesively with other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings as needed for the benefit of the resort.
- Two to three years of experience in a housekeeping capacity within the luxury hospitality/travel industry.
- Computer literate in applications in relevant computer applications required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management position
This is a full time position