Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
The Leisure Sales Manager is responsible for identifying and sourcing leisure /transient business in accordance with the collection’s strategic plan to maximize room revenue during peak and nonpeak periods. Leisure Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing and works closely with the revenue team to ensure that the leisure and transient sales strategy is in line with the property’s business needs.
Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Support The Commodore Perry Estate revenue goals by generating leisure / transient business.
- Organize and schedule direct sales efforts via phone, email and in-person... Average of 5 business development efforts per day are expected. (25 per week)
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for developing new sources of business.
- Build effective relationships with wholesale accounts that support the hotel’s wholesale strategy.
- Support and participate in daily calls and property-specific calls as needed.
- Accurately maintain and build the Salesforce database of clients.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards of sales service.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor and conduct personal behavior in a mature and professional business manner while representing the company.
- Travel and work flexible days and hours.
- Establish appropriate remote workstation, answer the phone and respond to emails in a timely fashion. Phone calls are to be returned the same day and RFP’s have a 24 hour response time.
- Maintain customer, trade, industry and employee relations.
- Target key accounts to host familiarization trips to increase ROI.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence transient business decision-makers and influencers.
- Ability to research and identify top prospects for the growth of existing accounts and develop new accounts.
- Self-motivated and achieve goals with minimal direct supervision.
- Manage extensive amounts of information.
- Knowledge of sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication.
- Strong computer skills (Google Docs/Sheets, Slides, Hangout, Linkedin, Salesforce, MS Office Suite).
- Excellent spoken and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to listen effectively.
- Work effectively both independently and cohesively with co-workers from a remote sales office.
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to guests, executives, managers, and employees.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Sell ideas persuasively and energetically.
- Analyze, interpret and understand financial data.
- Maintain a high level of organization and remain calm when resolving problems using good judgment.
- Embody the company’s mission, vision & culture.
- Plan and execute sales trips on budget and in compliance with corporate travel policy.
- Fluency in English.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy, prioritize, and organize.
- Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a related position in a luxury hotel sales environment.
- Demonstrated record of driving sales revenues in a luxury hotel environment.
- Prior experience selling multiple properties or brand.
- Prior experience in opening luxury hotels/resorts.
- Prior experience working in a remote sales office setting.
- Prior experience working with professional organizations that support leisure / Transient.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management position
This is a full time position