Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Guest Services Manager at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin Texas. The Guest Services Manager will oversee the overall day-to-day operation, planning, and long-term outlook of the entire Front of House and related departments. A focus on ENRICHing the stay of our guests and striving to create and positive work environment for the team.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide leadership and support for Guest Service Agents, Front Office Supervisors, PBX team members, Concierge, Bell/Door, and all managers within the front of the house.
- Handle, communicate and resolve guest concerns/comments and provide the appropriate follow up.
- Ensuring a smooth and delightful arrival and departure experience for the guest
- Act as a “Manager on Duty” for any department needing assistance and respond to emergency situations.
- Arrange room allocations and amenities for the same day and next day arriving guests.
- Monitor and have knowledge of the rooms' inventory and available rooms for arrivals and walk-in guests.
- Proactively gather and record guest profile information.
- Attend pre-conference, resume review and other departmental meetings.
- Assist sales with after-hours site inspection for potential group bookings.
- Communicate all group information/changes and existing information to the Front of House team members in a timely manner.
- Preparing and administering annual team member's reviews and evaluations.
- Remain available to hotel team members via radio (with an earpiece), or hotel provided cellular phone while on the property at all times.
- Assemble weekly schedules for hourly and managerial team members in the department.
- Conduct the shift handover meeting at the beginning and end of your shift.
- Continuously develop the department to obtain maximum service levels and promote individual growth within team members.
- Ability to focus attention on details and be able to organize, prioritize, and follow up.
- Must be able to take initiative and work productively within any given period of time, unsupervised.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all guests and general hotel information.
- Must be a team player, working well with other departments and coworkers.
- Ability to coherently present information in front of groups.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if necessary.
- Ability to go the extra mile, to provide extra attention in order to satisfy guests’ individual needs and wants.
- Should be creative, innovative and strive for continuous improvement.
- Should display leadership qualities in regards to thinking clearly, quickly, and making decisions.
- Ability to promote positive relationships with all guests in the hotel and company.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others.
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must have mathematical skills, computer software aptitude, and some hotel operation knowledge.
- Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications is desirable (SMS preferred).
- Must be able to relate to all levels of management.
- Must be Service and Guest oriented.
- Must be able to work with and interact with all types of guests and colleagues.
- Must have a minimum of 2 to 5 years experience as a manager or supervisor in a hotel in the reception/Front of House areas. A luxury hotel experience is preferable.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have superior organizational skills.
- Must have exceptional guest relations and interpersonal skills.
- An associate or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or a related field is preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position