Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Chief Engineer at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. As part of the Auberge family, you will immediately become part of an active community of professionals who pride themselves on their reputation for expertise and uncompromising standards. You will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of all areas of the hotel's facilities. In addition to ensuring that hotel guests and visitors are comfortable and safe at all times.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, the overall hotel engineering staff and functions, including the day to day operations of the mechanical and electrical plant and distribution, elevator functions, fire, life, health and safety systems, staff performance and asset management.
- Establish and implement safety procedures such as life safety manual, business continuity plan, safety, emergency, and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in the development and implementation of engineering building systems and maintenance budget including energy cost and consumption and Capex.
- Oversee staff performance of the engineering department.
- Participate in the formulation of strategic business plans for the hotel.
- Formulate and implement strategic direction for the hotel’s involvement in the local community.
- Develop and implement the CARE Programs or Preventive Maintenance.
- Oversee the strategic direction of general projects related to the enhancement of the hotel. The project management covers the areas of planning, administration, implementation, and evaluation of the financial results of the project.
- The hotel’s overall financial performance.
- The energy cost and consumption.
- Training and demonstration of various systems such as key systems for rooms, A/V equipment, lighting system, and temperature control system, etc.
- Certified in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Must have proven experience and a solid understanding of plumbing, HVAC, electric, spa and pool utilities, and carpentry.
- Five years’ operating experience in a hotel engineering department is preferred.
- Must be familiar with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, to include, reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy feels right to you and you believe our approach is aligned with your own passions, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and team members. We hire people based solely upon their qualifications, thereby complying with all legal requirements. This policy prohibits any decision to hire or not hire based upon race, sex, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability, genetic information, citizenship, national origin, veteran/military status, marital/civil union status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, arrest and court record, domestic or sexual violence victim status, credit history or any protected classification under local, state or federal law. Discrimination and harassment based on a perception that anyone is in any of these protected categories, or is associated with a person who is perceived as being in any of these protected categories, are also prohibited. We strive to be fair and always endeavor to select and retain the best-qualified individuals based upon job-related qualifications, regardless of any protected group status under the law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs. The Company complies with all federal and state equal pay statutes.
This is a management position
This is a full time position