Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Banquet Supervisor at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin Texas. Oversee/support overall day to day operation, planning, and long term outlook of all banquet and social catering activities held in the hotel. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to the team. A focus on ENRICHing the stay of our guests and striving to create and positive work environment for the team.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating.
- Maintain overall sanitation and of the restaurant areas, banquet rooms, and storage areas throughout shift.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Set tables according to the type of event and service standard ensuring all suppliers meet quality standards.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues.
- Communicate service needs to chefs and other departments throughout functions.
- Total charges for group functions, prepare and present checks to group contacts for payment, adhering to all cashiering policies/procedures.
- Trains and encourages staff.
- Maintains par levels when necessary. Completes requisition forms when necessary.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests however busy you may be and whatever time of day.
- Be familiar with the properties services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries.
- Check-in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc).
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- High school graduate or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or a related field.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Prior food serving experience.
- 2 years of experience in banquet and food and beverage department position.
- Knowledge of specific room style setups styles.
- Knowledge of organizing service from Banquet Event orders.
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/ requirements for various types of functions.
- Wine knowledge.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a full time position