Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel, and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
“Lutie’s is remarkably charming. Utterly familiar yet like no place you’ve ever been. Tucked away into the formal gardens of the Commodore Perry Estate, it’s designed as an unexpected urban refuge where you can linger over a delicious meal and enjoy a refreshing cocktail while taking in the bucolic setting in the middle of the city.”
Become one of the authors of our story for the new Ken Fulk-designed neighborhood restaurant, Lutie’s, located at Commodore Perry Estate, an Auberge Resorts Collection, and helmed by husband and wife team, Executive Chef Bradley Nicholson and Pastry Chef Susana Querejazu.
The contemporary, convivial atmosphere design of the garden-style cafe is complemented by a chef and ingredient-driven cuisine that is highly seasonal and locally sourced. Menus will celebrate regional flavors and spotlight seasonal organic ingredients sourced from the estate’s in-house gardens and local purveyors. The ever-changing menus will be complemented by a robust beverage program, including an exceptional collection of rare liquors and natural wine.
Join our team as the Lead Bartender. This role will lead the beverage program in Lutie’s and be responsible for the oversight and creation of our cocktail menus. A creative and passionate master beverage crafter with a focus on sourcing locally and knowledge of the latest beverage trends.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Creation, maintenance, and progression of high-level cocktail and N/A beverage program
- Coordinate with GM ordering of liquor and garnishes for the restaurant.
- Account for and maintain the security of all liquor inventories
- Greet guests and take their orders utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
- Prepare garnishes and mixes, log all products requisitioned from the kitchen.
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items and be able to develop liquor pairings.
- Provide liquor and cocktail education and training to new and existing employees
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of bartop, tables, service areas and outlet itself.
- Ensures opening, ongoing and closing side work is complete.
- Present guest checks and process payments. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Count bank at the end of shift; complete cashier reports and drop receipts; secure bank. Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wines, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Ensures supplies/ingredients are properly stocked before, during, and after shift
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues.
- Trains and encourages staff.
- Maintains par levels when necessary. Completes requisition forms when necessary.
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests however busy you may be and whatever time of day.
- Be familiar with the property's services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries.
- Do not over serve guests, and act immediately with any concerns about a guest who may appear to be intoxicated
- Maintain a positive, professional, and pleasant attitude every shift
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Must be highly detail orientated.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
- High school graduate or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or a related field.
- Knowledge of both classic cocktails and contemporary cocktail techniques and trends.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- At least two-years of server experience preferred.
- At least two-years of food & beverage experience preferred.
- Experience with POS systems preferred.
- At least two years of bartending experience preferred.
- At least two years of customer service experience required.
- Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a hourly positions position