Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Functions as a liaison between senior management and housekeeping department. Communicate relevant daily operational information to the rest of the team. Follow up and ensure the implementation of processes and standards are met on a daily basis. Ensure the team members meet the standards, targets customer needs, ensure employee engagement, focus on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of Auberge Resorts Collection target customer and team members and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is a guardian of the Auberge Resorts Collection brand promise and is a key role. His/her main target is to implement and maintain all Auberge Resorts Collection brand standards in service and ensure the Housekeeping team always finds new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
Leading Housekeeping Team
- Works together with the Housekeeping Manager to champion the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
- Works with the Housekeeping Manager to communicate a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Works with the Housekeeping Manager and Director of Rooms to ensure the right decisions are made to keep property moving forward toward the achievement of goals.
- Works with Front of the House to ensure room inventory is monitored and room readiness is in place.
- Works with the Engineering team to ensure room care program is followed and goals are accomplished.
- Monitors and promotes room cleanliness, public areas cleanliness, monitors and controls the quality of room product and linens and ensures safety and wellbeing of team members and customers are met.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Works with the Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and department goals.
- Reviews and audits daily product quality and expenses inventory.
- Ensure finds creative ways to reduce waste and implement department cost savings.
Managing Revenue Goals
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports Housekeeping teams to effectively manage room cleanliness and room readiness.
- Compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Reviews guest feedback with team members and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Housekeeping department that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on the quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that employees understand expectations and parameters for Room duties.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Participates in the interview and hiring process of employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in the department (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings, recognition events).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results. Uses creative and updated ways to share information and learning experiences with the team.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open-door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc).
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- At least one-year housekeeping experience preferred.
- At least one-year Housekeeping Supervisor experience preferred.
- Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position