Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Catering Coordinator at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin Texas. A focus on ENRICHing the stay of our guests and striving to create a positive work environment for the team. Supports the Director of Catering with day-to-day tasks and all administrative projects. Provides office and event coverage as needed.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ability to professionally represent the resort and interact with clients in a polished, responsible and timely manner.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Draft and distribute all correspondence, including proposals, booking notices, contracts, letters, etc. ensuring that all correspondence is 100% accurate.
- Utilize IVVY to accurately track, book and follow-up on all accounts/bookings.
- Assist Director of Catering with all site preparation and support with sales kits/brochures, etc.
- Liaise with other hotel departments to help ensure clients’ needs are met/exceeded.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by Director of Catering.
- Coordinate general office functions.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- Previous catering, convention services or sales support experience preferred.
- Customer service oriented with a desire to create memorable guest experiences.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing with guests, management and coworkers both in-person and via telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems with developed computer proficiencies.
- Ability to work cohesively with coworkers both within and outside of the department.
- Ability to think clearly and quickly. Ability to make conscious decisions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest’s requests/questions within a short period of time.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule primarily daytime hours, Monday through Friday, with the flexibility to work weekends if needed.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position