Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as a PBX Operator (Call Center) at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. The PBX Operator is responsible for transporting guests virtually anywhere they like to go any time. Provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all incoming calls, keep track of guests’ requests, follow up to ensure satisfactory service and assistance for outgoing calls.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to the appropriate department.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Follow up with guests regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals. Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Monitor busy or unanswered lines, check back with callers on hold to update status and offer to take a message.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, TDD relay calls, and non-registered guest calls.
- Forward calls to Front Desk during breaks, at night or whenever the phones are unattended.
- Thoroughly understand safety procedures and have numbers to the Police, Fire, and Telephone Repair departments.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using proper spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to interact in a polite, professional, and engaging manner upon encountering resort guests, whether on the grounds of the resort, while working a resort function, upon entering or leaving from work, or at any other time.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position