Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Room Attendant at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin Texas. The Room Attendant is responsible for serving the needs of the business, our guests by ensuring that all guest rooms are well maintained and cleaned, providing professional customer service to the Hotel’s guests ensuring all requests are handled promptly and efficiently, and providing guests and employees with a safe and orderly environment.
The Room Attendant is responsible for ensuring that the appearance and environment of all guest rooms meet the highest standards set by Auberge Resorts Collection and The Commodore Perry Estate in Austin. The Room Attendant provides exceptionally clean, neat and well-maintained guest rooms and corridors.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensure that all Guest Rooms are properly cleaned at all times, in line with the hotel’s Standard Operating Procedures for cleaning these areas.
- Ensure health & safety requirements are adhered to, including personal knowledge of the correct usage of all chemicals used in Housekeeping.
- Ensure that lost and found articles are processed properly.
- Follow and recommend measures to minimize all wastage of materials and amenities that are used in the department.
- Ensuring security awareness throughout the Hotel, reporting incidents to the appropriate Manager when warranted.
- Ensure VIP requirements are met.
- Ensure all special requests are met, with particular reference to families visiting with children. Ensures any special requests from guests are carried out and delivered on time exceeding guest’s expectations where possible.
- Clean and take care of all working equipment used by himself/herself.
- Report any damage or loss in a guest room immediately after being found.
- Remove room service trays from room & place in the service area.
- Report any suspicious person, sleep outs, ‘Do Not Disturbs’ to housekeeping management.
- Follow up with direct reports with any concerns.
- To perform any other related duties as requested.
- Related hospitality experience is preferred but we will train the right candidate.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with guests.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Professional, polished service, focused on exceeding expectations and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide clear and legible written communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guest information and designated hotel data.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position