Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Functions as an ambassador of the brand when it comes down to room product and public area product. The houseperson maintains rooms and assigned areas in pristine clean status and all details are attended with genuine care and ensures all standards are met. Complete all special assignments in a timely manner and report to the assistant housekeeping manager.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Supports the company’s philosophy and company’s culture on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our vision.
- To provide a seamless, efficient and friendly service at all times and communicate accordingly.
- Follow up directions from office coordinator and housekeeping leaders.
- Guest requests are fulfilled within 10 min, if not, involve the leader to assist.
- Maintain hotel entrance, lobby area, all public spaces and furniture free from dust, debris.
- Keep pictures, high ledges, and light fixtures that are dust-free at all times.
- Assist room attendant with lifting and moving of furniture or items alike and stripping when necessary.
- Maintain closet set up with all the items and stocked up with the right linen par.
- Before entering a guest room, ring the doorbell once while announcing the department. If there is no doorbell, knock 3 times while announcing themselves. Guest privacy “DND” will always be honored.
- Maintain hallways cleared of used room service items.
- Mirrors, glass, windows are spotless, free from smudges and chips.
- Proactive maintenance to all department cleaning equipment.
- All technical defects are reported to the housekeeping office.
- Assist housekeeping leader with special projects and completed in a timely manner.
- Related hospitality experience is preferred but we will train the right candidate.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with guests.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Professional, polished service, focused on exceeding expectations and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide clear and legible written communication.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guest information and designated hotel data.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position