Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as a Guest Services Agent at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. The Guest Service Agent is responsible for transporting guests virtually anywhere they like to go any time. Provide exceptional service to approaching guests at reception and guests calling the property. Operate the guest reception area and front desk with accurate and calm efficiency.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Create a genuine, informative, and personalized guest experience.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in the computer system verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling the account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Advise guests of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send them to room if required.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Clear departures in the computer system to document that rooms are no longer occupied.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Minimum two years as a Concierge or Guest Services Associate at a luxury resort.
- Ability to clearly communicate with guests, associates, and management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Previous hotel experience preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position