Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our Engineering Team at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. As a Pool and Landscaping Technician, you would make sure all water features are clean and safe for all guests and users. You will be responsible to service and maintain the Resort pool, and water features. Monitoring Property Grounds to ensure an amazing appearance. Maintain lawns, edging, leaves removal, and performing other lawn maintenance functions. Maintaining all equipment after use. Maintain flower beds, removing weeds, trimming and performing other landscaping maintenance. Maintain the appearance of fountains, courtyard, or other ground features by cleaning, replacing or making repairs. Maintain the appearance and safety of sidewalks, car paths and main drive roads.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Repairs and maintains the pool and water feature water systems, filter systems and Pump.
- Responsible for proper chemical balance for the pool and water features.
- Responsible for cleaning the pool area including the deck and surrounding.
- Responsible for water features work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Transports and stores hazardous chemicals. Both pool and Landscaping related.
- Regularly testing swimming pool water quality and pH balance.
- Maintains manual or automated records of all activities and prepares daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Responsible for Groundskeeping around the property.
- Responsible for replacing and maintaining flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
- Apply fertilizer to ground and plants when need it.
- Managing tree limbs that are posing a danger and safety issues.
- Responsible for the removal of weeds.
- Responsible for preparing the ground area before and after events to maintain the quality of the Landscaping.
- High school diploma or similar.
- Two (2) years experience with pools, water features and Ground Maintenance, or related.
- Must be highly detailed orientated.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position