Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as a Public Area Attendant at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. The Public Area Attendant will clean public and employee restrooms and showers. Dust surfaces in the assigned area. Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using a brand or property specific processes to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Stocking bathroom with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces and emptying trash.
- Clean glass (e.g., windows, mirrors) in public and employee areas by removing dust, spots, and smears.
- Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g., mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, stain remover).
- Dust surfaces in assigned area, including furniture, fixtures, woodwork, pictures, public or house phones, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents.
- Empty trash containers in public areas into proper containers for recycling or disposal.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to the manager/supervisor.
- Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps, light fixtures, and light switches, checking that they are in proper working condition, and reporting burnt-out bulbs.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, bloodborne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Related hospitality experience is preferred but we will train the right candidate.
- Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Must be highly detailed orientated.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position