Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our Engineering Team at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas as a Security/Engineer overnight. The Security/Engineering role is responsible for the safety and security of the hotel's assets, guests, and team members. Anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct. Responds to emergency situations as needed. Be familiar with the Emergency plan of the hotel. Also, to perform minor engineering duty and guest-related requests such as minor plumbing, electrical, HVAC and different related engineering issues.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:[enter information]accurate information, and solve guest concerns.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Perform safety and security inspections of the entire hotel, grounds and parking lot.
- Investigate noise complaints, assist with medical emergencies, guest and team member safety and security.
- Collect information for the investigation of accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities. Document details and advise management. Prepare daily reports.
- Understand all Life Safety Systems and take control in emergency situations.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and to effectively deal with the internal and external guests, some of whom require patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve guest concerns.
- Possess basic knowledge of carpentry, painting, commercial heating, and air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical disciplines.
- Perform guest room calls; such as light plumbing maintenance, WIFI, remotes, HVAC, etc. public space and service area preventative maintenance using the approved checklist and/or work requests.
- Responds to medical situations/emergencies as required, notifying proper authorities and taking appropriate action ensuring the safety and well-being of guests and team members.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security and resort reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Record information for unfinished calls into a “pass-on logbook” prior to a shift change.
- High school graduate.
- 1-year preventative maintenance preferred.
- 1-year security experience preferred.
- Previous luxury hotel experience preferred.
- CPR Certified preferred.
- Red Cross and First Aid Certified preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Training preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and a positive and outgoing demeanor.
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Work with minimal supervision.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position