Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Restaurant Manager at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Restaurant and Bar functions, in accordance with property standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Oversee daily restaurant operations and provide ongoing training, maintaining sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. A focus on ENRICHing the stay of our guests and striving to create and positive work environment for the team.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge, and room service areas.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands-on management.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Monitors the alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, the fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment and invitation to return).
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or a related field.
- Five or more years’ operating experience in a similar capacity in a top restaurant group or luxury hotel Food & Beverage department.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, including reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc).
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position