Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Chief Engineer at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. As part of the Auberge family, you will immediately become part of an active community of professionals who pride themselves on their reputation for expertise and uncompromising standards. You will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of all areas of the hotel's facilities. In addition to ensuring that hotel guests and visitors are comfortable and safe at all times.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, the overall hotel engineering staff and functions, including the day to day operations of the mechanical and electrical plant and distribution, elevator functions, fire, life, health and safety systems, staff performance and asset management.
- Establish and implement safety procedures such as life safety manual, business continuity plan, safety, emergency, and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in the development and implementation of engineering building systems and maintenance budget including energy cost and consumption and Capex.
- Oversee staff performance of the engineering department.
- Participate in the formulation of strategic business plans for the hotel.
- Formulate and implement strategic direction for the hotel’s involvement in the local community.
- Develop and implement the CARE Programs or Preventive Maintenance.
- Oversee the strategic direction of general projects related to the enhancement of the hotel. The project management covers the areas of planning, administration, implementation, and evaluation of the financial results of the project.
- The hotel’s overall financial performance.
- The energy cost and consumption.
- Training and demonstration of various systems such as key systems for rooms, A/V equipment, lighting system, and temperature control system, etc.
- Certified in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Must have proven experience and a solid understanding of plumbing, HVAC, electric, spa and pool utilities, and carpentry.
- Five years’ operating experience in a hotel engineering department is preferred.
- Must be familiar with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, to include, reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy feels right to you and you believe our approach is aligned with your own passions, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position