Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Painter at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin Texas. The Painter is responsible for ensuring that all guest rooms are well maintained and in pristine conditions as well as the rest of the hotel areas. Provide professional customer service to the Hotel’s guests ensuring all requests are handled promptly and efficiently, and providing guests and employees with a safe and orderly environment.
Core ResponsibilitiesPlease note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to property walls, ceilings, and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers while maintaining property color scheme specifications.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper for protection during painting and post appropriate paint signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Coordinate with vendors in order to modify colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil, thinning, and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistency.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Minimum one-year experience in a related field.
- Ability to communicate in English with team members and guests.
- Apprenticeship as an electrician or H.V.A.C. technician.
- Previous hotel experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to maintain preventive maintenance logs.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position