Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our Guest Services Team at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. The guest services team is responsible for transporting guests virtually anywhere they like to go any time. They are also responsible for handling guest luggage, maintaining a clean fleet of transport vehicles and a clean driveway and common area. At all times, at least one bellman/valet is to remain at the front door to greet guests as they come and go. Additionally, the bell staff is regarded as the muscle of the hotel. Such roles and responsibilities related to assisting other departments in moving furniture for special events.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Tag, store, and retrieve luggage from luggage storage, providing guests with proper claim tickets for their luggage.
- Report work-related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain awareness of suspicious persons on property premises.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Answer telephones/radio using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone in 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Ensure the security of vehicles and their keys.
- Remain at assigned posts while not parking vehicles.
- Retrieve guest vehicle keys from secured location and retrieve the guest's vehicle from the parking facility, following departmental procedures.
- Release vehicle to the guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets. Open vehicle doors, assist guests in the vehicle and close doors.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Two years of experience driving vehicles.
- Previous luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to drive all vehicle types.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests/team members to their understanding.
- Ability to provide clear and legible written communication.
- Adhere to responsible, safe and conscientious driving rules.
- Prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position