Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Lead Bartender at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. The Head Bartender will lead the beverage program on the property and be responsible for oversight and creation of our beverage menus. A creative and passionate master beverage crafter with a focus for sourcing locally and knowledge of the latest beverage trends.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Greet guests and take their orders utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
- Prepare garnishes and mixes, log all products requisitioned from the kitchen.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of bartop, tables, service areas and outlet itself.
- Ensures opening, ongoing and closing side work is complete.
- Present guest checks and process payments. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Count bank at the end of shift; complete cashier reports and drop receipts; secure bank. Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wines, beers and non-alcoholic selections available.
- Ensures supplies/ingredients are properly stocked before, during and after shift
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues.
- Trains and encourages staff.
- Maintains par levels when necessary. Completes requisition forms when necessary.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests however busy you may be and whatever time of day.
- Be familiar with the properties services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Must be highly detailed orientated.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
- High school graduate or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or a related field.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- At least one-year server experience preferred.
- At least one-year food & beverage experience preferred.
- Experience with POS systems preferred.
- At least one-year bartending experience preferred.
- At least one-year of customer service experience required.
- Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a hourly positions position